Saturday 19 March 2011

Show Me The Monet


Lucky Day Productions have been filming a new series for BBC 2 called “Show me the Monet”. Artists from around the country were invited to submit a piece of art to be judged by a hanging committee of renowned art experts to then be shown to the public at the Royal College of Arts in London. The 3 judges were Charlotte Mullins, David Lee and Roy Bolton.

I entered my photograph “Green Trolley” which was shortlisted as one of the final 100 artworks out of over a 1000 applicants, however, despite some very positive comments from the judges, on this occasion it was not what they were looking for.

The filming of my critique took place at the “Walker Art Gallery” a truly unique location, in Liverpool on the 23rd January. I also had the pleasure of being interviewed by BBC’s Chris Hollins, a former winner of “Strictly Come Dancing”.

Despite not being selected, I enjoyed the experience and I may well be shown when the series is televised at at the end of March on BBC 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment