Monday 5 November 2012

'The Div/sion of Power' Exhibition at Fletcher Moss Art Gallery


I will be part of this exciting exhibition 'The Div/sion of Power' curated by the Institute of Temporary Art at Didsbury Parsonage. I will be doing a performance work on the opening night... don't miss it! 

"As a live performance I want to arrange my vast collection of single-coloured objects inside Didsbury Parsonage. I will respond to the space around me when making my arrangement. After I have finished my arrangement (using my own systems) I will open the work up for public engagement. I would like other people to arrange my collected objects using their own invented systems. Others could potentially use alternative spaces, tactics and select or deselect objects. This work questions how we each make choices, selections and categorise the everyday. Using found objects (recognisable from the world around us), each person reinvents the objects’ identity by including it in this ever-evolving work."

Hosted by the Institute of Temporary Art at Fletcher Moss Art Gallery (M20 2RQ)
Preview is on Friday 16 November 2012, 17:00 to 21:00. Performance by Kathryn Edwards.
Open from Saturday 17th November to Sunday 25th November 11:00 to 16:00

No comments:

Post a Comment