What tactics have you employed to get over this hurdle if we have ever encountered it?
· month, week, day projects to kick-start
· discussed our work with others
· stopped practicing for a while, until the ideas naturally return
· worked on something else mindlessly before returning to work
· returned to education (MA, PHD, etc)
· got another job
· try a different approach
· visited somewhere to inspire our thoughts
I would be interested to hear from other artists and what tactics they have used to get over it???
“It is no good getting furious if you get stuck. What I do is keep thinking about the problem but work on something else. Sometimes it is years before I see the way forward.” - Stephen Hawking
“The best cure for a dry period to simply to keep at it. Good things are happening, soon to be revealed.” - Eleanor Blair
“When you come to a roadblock, take a detour.” - Barbara Bush
“The process of becoming unstuck requires tremendous bravery, because basically we are completely changing our way of perceiving reality...” - Pema Chodron
“As well as many subspecies, the main blocks are fear of failure after previous success, fear of success due to a sense of unworthiness, lack of potential venue, jaded attitude, crisis of confidence, evidence of persistent poor quality, lackadaisical motivation, and common everyday shortage of ideas.” - Robert Genn