Tuesday 17 September 2013

DAY 1 of Install - On Brown and Violet Grounds

Today I hired a large van and drove to Macclesfield to de-install and collect my special commission made for this years Barnaby Festival. It has been in the Grosvenor Centre now for 3 months and seen by over 3000 people. Not bad! 

I felt sad and a bit emotional taking it down as I really enjoyed being part of the Barnaby Festival. It was well organised and a pleasure to be part of. I received excellent feedback from other artists, the public and organisers.


I would have been far more upset had I of been taking it apart to go directly into storage. However, instead the work was being packed up and driven to Manchester (by me) to be part of my upcoming solo presentation 'On Brown & Violet Grounds' which opens in 10 days time (25th September  - 2nd October). My home for the next week (and a bit) will be Piccadilly Place  - over the new footbridge as you come out of Manchester's Piccadilly train station.

 

I then collected yet more 'stuff' from my studio at Rogue in the van - lighting, coloured bulbs, plinths, cables, TV, paint, acrylic sheets, etc ready to be transformed into new work.

I also had a little time to set up some new works-on-paper on my trestle table ready for the Open Studios next week (opens 27th Sept and continues over the weekend). At the end of the day I craved a take-away and had a lovely bath. The delight of install!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment